Fees are reviewed and set annually by the Centre’s Committee of Management in line with the Centre’s budget. The Committee is dedicated to keeping fees as low as possible.
The fees for 2018 are as follows:
- Daily childcare fees $110 (applicable rate if child attends the Centre for less than 5 days per week)
- Weekly childcare fees $500 (applicable rate if child attends the Centre 5 days per week)
- Sessional Kindergarten fees $430 a term
- Long day care fees must be paid 2 weeks in advance at all times via Direct Debit
- Sessional kinder fees paid on a school term basis, 1 term in advance
Fees are charged for:
- Days of childcare received
- Any additional days that you use are added to your weekly fee
- Fees are required for all gazetted public holidays
- Sick days and other absent days
- Fees are required for all sick days and any other absent days. However, if the Centre is provided with notice of an absence and the place is temporarily filled, no fee will apply.
If accounts are more than 2 weeks in arrears we may refer your account to the Committee of Management. Fees are still payable for all absences due to illness, annual leave, rostered days off and Public Holidays. No fees are charged for Christmas close down period and staff training days.
Families may be entitled to receive Child Care Benefit (CCB). Child Care Benefit is a payment from the Australian Government that helps you with the cost of your child care. Child Care Rebate helps working families with the cost of child care. The Child Care Rebate covers fifty per cent of out-of-pocket child care expenses for approved child care up to the maximum legislated amount per year per child in approved care. To check your eligibility and to apply for CCB & CCR contact the Family Assistance Office before your child starts at the Centre.
Annual In-Service Days
The Centre will be closed for 2 days per year for set up and clean up. Parents will not be charged for these days. An additional 2 in-service days may be required and advance notification will be given.
To assist our community child care centre in maintaining low fees all families are required to pay a maintenance levy or commit to 4 hours a year assisting the Centre in some way. The maintenance levy is paid by each family in first term of the year. Where a family fulfils its commitment to 4 hours assistance this levy will be deducted at a later time.
Families will be asked to nominate their preferred way of contributing to the Centre. These may include (but are not limited to):
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting
- Participation in working bees
- Office assistance
- Repairing/making toys
- Weeding or gardening
- Families may, alternatively, nominate to pay the levy only
Moreland City Council provides a Child Care Central Registration service for Derby Street Childcare Centre. Central Registration provides for an easy way for families to register your child in a number of services in Moreland.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD.
Prior to the lodgement of the registration form, please contact Derby Street Childcare Centre to make an appointment to visit the centre [Show-throughs]. Show-throughs are held on Wednesdays by appointment only.
- CCCR Information Sheet 2014- PDF
- CCCR Frequently Asked Questions 2015- PDF
- CCCR Child Care Application Form 2014- PDF